Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jansten's Gift

I finished the BEST book yesterday. Jansten's Gift by Pam Cope. It is the best non-fiction book that I have read in many, many years. An incredible story that every human should read! It was so eye opening about the world and the human heart. I loved every page and didn't want it to end. Although I must admit that I didn't really want to read it...

Brian bought me this book awhile ago- last August or September maybe. After reading the back cover, he thought I would like it. However, nothing about the book jumped out at me- the title, the front cover picture or the description on the back cover. I have read many books since he gave it to me and only recently did I decide to read it- to satisfy him and to lessen my guilt every time I saw the book next to my bed practically screaming "Read ME, Read ME!"

Boy am I glad I did read it! Brian called last night and asked what I was doing. I said, "I am trying not to write a check to the author of this book in the amount of our entire life savings!" He calmly asked me not to do that. I told him if I did, it would be his fault since he got me the book in the first place!

So, I hope all you friends and family read this book. To find out more about it, or the organization the author founded, check out: http://jantsensgift.com/

I would really, really like to do some fundraising to support the causes that the author holds so dear to her heart. It's amazing how little money is needed to change the course of a child's life. Seriously, what is $90 a month to most of us? A few bottles of wine? New purse or jeans? Cable bill? While $90 could save a child's life.

While I'm at it... Let me feature another organization that I think is incredible! (Another that I would love to do some future fundraising for as well...)  http://www.runforcongowomen.org/  I won't go into detail, but check it out and consider donating. It is an amazing program that trains women in The Democratic Republic of Congo in self defense and to be self sufficient, which in turn not only increases their life expectancy rate, but also that of their young children!  

Maybe I won't raise millions, but at least I can try to get the word out and together we could all raise millions!

Now get your tissues and go read Jansten's Gift... (and let me know what you think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment