we ALL woke up early the day Sara and the boys were supposed to arrive. i was up at 4am, just so excited that at 3:30pm she would be here! at 5:50am Tate came booming into my room, jumped on the bed and said "Today is Nick day!" I agreed and then he asked "Does Nick know about Ninja's now?"
Sara and I became fast friends in Germany after she very bravely spoke to me during our German drivers exam. I was pregnant, she was pregnant, we both had just moved to Germany within the last month and each of us had little boys. I remember going home and telling Brian about her, hoping we would become friends. A few weeks later we set up our husbands on a "blind date" and they went biking together. It worked! They too liked each other.
So began the adventures of the McCullough's and Leadbetter's. Its not too often that everyone in the family has a buddy in the other family, share so many common interests and just get along well. We were blessed to have them as our friends in Germany.
So, that is why we were all so very excited when they told us they'd be coming for a 12 day stay! Brian was out of town when they arrived, so it worked out perfectly that Sara and I got some girl time in for a few days after she arrived. (then it was like he had two wives when he came home. poor guy!)
i was so nervous about the traffic in San Fran that i got to the airport an hour early. the kids were beyond excited and i just kept telling them "Look for Nick! Is he up there? Over there?"
Then we saw them! This picture brings tears to my eyes still seeing it today. Luckily I had my camera ready, just in case there was a photo op like this one. The elevator door opened and was saw Nick literally jumping up and down. He then bolted out and the boys hugged. It couldn't have been any sweeter or more genuine. (And I love the joyful smile on Sara's face in the background seeing Nick so happy!)Three amigos. (Poor 2 yr old Shane was left at home for some quality time with dad and grandparents...)
love this pic too! the three of them held hands walking to the car!
sara and i were talking so much we couldn't get out of the airport! two times people stopped us and asked if we needed directions! (and this is just while we were still walking!) we had lots of time to talk in the car, with rush hour traffic in san francisco- but it was perfect time to catch up.
that night we took Nick to the best American McDonald's play place in the area! the boys just picked up where they left off 7 months ago. and they happily let macy join in too.
while Sara was off getting our food, I took the opportunity to get a quick shot with 3 1/2 month old baby Drew, who I had just met for the first time today!
Drew is the BEST baby. Brian told Sara that he would be the worst first baby, because he is so easy and parents would expect all the kids to be like this! Macy especially loved Drew. She loves babies, but hasn't really been around many. She took full advantage of having Drew here. I don't think Sara gave a bath or changed a diaper without Macy's "help." I was worried mid-visit that she might smother him while trying to hug him 25 times a day! It was so nice having a baby around. Now that Macy is a pre-schooler, I like babies again! Especially happy, easy ones like Drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment