Sunday, November 16, 2014

books

Two good books I've recently read...

Faith is written about a family in Boston (probably my first attraction to this book) and the child abuse scandal that rocked the Catholic church a few years back. It was very eye opening, as the Catholic priesthood is not a subject matter that is written about often in fiction, and thought provoking to me, having grown up in the Catholic church myself.

Wild... This book is so far from my every day reality, that I suppose I was drawn towards it for that reason only! A 20-something, looses her mom to cancer, gets divorced, starts using heroine and then decides to hike the Pacific Coast Trail (which runs from Mexico to Canada- I had no idea such a thing existed) all by herself- and has never hiked/backpacked more than a couple hours in her whole life. The one similarity that the author and I had in common- she went into REI and asked a sales associate what she would need to go on this massive hike for months and months, then bought it all. Now that is something I would do.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment