Saturday, November 8, 2014

Career Day

 Today was career day at the kids school and Brian volunteered to be one of the presenters. The awesome guidance counselors who set it up coordinated both Tate and Macy's classes to go to Brian's presentations. He presented to 4 different classes...

I loved how serious he took it all, including going to the Air Force PA office at the Pentagon for materials from videos to AF tattoos to Thunderbird coloring books and coins to give to the kids. He worked on his "brief" last night and I could tell he was a little nervous when he left this morning...

No need though because he was awesome!

He even had model airplanes from Northrup Grumman-





I traveled around with Macy's class and was so excited to be there when she got chosen to break a board during the Tae Kwon Do presentation- 

Strike one-

Strike two-


Strike 3-

She did it!


What an awesome way to spend the morning! This school is so great and well organized... I wonder if anyone will remember Brian's presentation today and therefore choose a career in the Air Force when they grow up??


Funny story. The school is having a Thanksgiving food drive. And to make it a bit more fun, they have the boxes decorated into NFL teams  (cowboys, steelers and redskins) to see which team gets the most food-

Well, Tate's cub scout pack is also doing a food drive. We were talking about it recently and he said "The Cub Scout food isn't going to the NFL players though." HAHAHAHAHA. I almost died. He thought the food at the school food drive was being distributed TO the NFL players. Oh my. 


No comments:

Post a Comment