Our Thanksgiving would be a little different this year....
It started off with a cutesy little Turkey day feast for Macy's kindergarten, of course right?
The cutest
Wednesday was a 1/2 day for school. I really missed being in California this year, where the entire week of Thanksgiving is NO SCHOOL! Made for a wonderful week to travel, but also just some well deserved family down time.
Anyway. I was thankful that on Wednesday, it began to snow mid-morning! Yup, that's right I said I was happy about the snow! It was pretty to watch and it gave my holiday spirit a huge boost. I have enjoyed thanksgiving in shorts these past years, but it was fun to be out running errands this morning while the snow was falling.
The kids got off the bus and thought it was a blizzard-
They geared up for some major snow and were more than happy to play in the two inches of slush- whatever.
Meanwhile, inside I was making Pumpkin Pie Martini's for Brian and I-
He took the day off work so that we could have a family Thanksgiving on Wednesday, as we had special plans to be with the Leadbetters on Thanksgiving- but our kids did NOT know this! All they knew is that we were going to Nick's aunts house in Maryland, but that Nick and family sadly would not be there. I wanted to keep it a surprise that they would be spending the weekend with us!!!
Brian made the most phenomenal turkey yet! He followed Tyler Florence's recipe to cut the spine out of the bird, cook it breast side up and stuff the dressing under the skin, on top of the breast- amazing!
I wish you could have not only tasted it (cutting the neck out makes it cook much faster, which made it so much much more juicy), but also seen how beautiful it looked cut with the stuffing layered on top of the breast.
Time to feast-
Two stuffed guys, post dinner-
We aren't pie people. And you know I love to make cookies. So I attempted a new one for Thanksgiving dessert, a turkey-






No comments:
Post a Comment