In early March, I decided I needed to make a few St. Patricks day banners-
So I did! I told my friend Tiffany what I was up to and she asked if I was Irish. Yes Ma'am! My paternal great grandmother came to America as an indentured servant from Ireland... So many people don't know what that term means-
Indentured servitude was a labor system whereby young people paid for their passage to the New World by working for an employer for a certain number of years.
Plus, Brian's dad is a McCullough and prior to getting married, his mom was a MacIldowie.
So yes, we are Irish!
Brian helped the kids make a very simple leprechaun trap this year-
You can't tell, but there is a chocolate gold coin in there, attached to fishing line...
But it didn't work! He got away again this year-
And was up to his typical trickery, but added a few new twists this year. Like changing out the kids shoelaces-
And when we left for the bus stop, boy were they surprised to open the door and find these tiny leprechaun footprints leading away from our front door!
That was Brian, by the way- not me!
That night we had our friends Diane and Wayne staying here with us, as they were in town from Connecticut house hunting- because they are moving here this summer! Woo hooo! Our friends The Roberts, who we all knew from Germany came for dinner too. I mad in Irish feast- Guiness stew, corn beef and cabbage and guiness-chocolate cupcakes with baileys cream cheese frosting for dessert. We all agreed that we just wanted the frosting next time!
That night we all played a great game- Fibbage that our friends here have recently turned us on to. What is Fibbage? Fibbage is a multiplayer trivia game from Jackbox Games, makers of the popular You Don't Know Jack series of trivia games. Fibbage stands out for its unique control method: everyone uses a phone or tablet as a controller! We play it through our PS4 and everyone seems to love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment