6 days away from being 1/2 way through this deployment! Woooo hoooo. I keep telling the kids we will have a 1/2 way party, not sure how, but we will celebrate. Small victories.
God has been good. Every day for the last 65 days that Brian has been away, He has shown me such grace and mercy. I am so grateful that Brian did not have to deploy in the last 10 years, as it gave us time to get our marriage strong enough to survive a deployment. It gave my children time with their dad, wonderful memories to get them through this time apart. It gave me 9 years of parenting, to figure out what works and what doesn't- and the easiest way possible!
Our kids are at the best ages to be going through a deployment. I honestly enjoy them. They bring me such good company, and they are funny! They make me laugh every day Brian is gone, and I need that. They need to see mom laughing. If they were 2 and 5, I think I'd be loosing my mind.
God knew what he was doing by giving the McCullough's 10 deployment free years. I'm a better wife, wiser mom, stronger woman. He always knows...
When I first found out that Brian was deploying for 5 months, I made the analogy that it would be like "eating fish sticks for 5 months. No one would choose to do that, but it's not that bad." I sure do miss Brian's cooking. I have never taken his desire to cook dinner for granted, nor the quality at which he is able to cook. We don't eat hot dogs for dinner. We don't have spaghetti. Unless of course he made the pasta from scratch! The kids are being real troopers and humor me with my desire to still cook/eat healthy, "adult" food- whether I make salmon for dinner or we get Vietnamese as take-out- I am sure to sneak in a few kid friendly meals for them too. (And I just eat the delicious "adult" leftovers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment