Sunday, July 26, 2015

Welcome Wisneski's!

We were stationed in Monterey with the Wisneski's, however Brian and Wayne didn't introduce Diane and I until our last couple months there, when we all took a German class together, knowing we were all going to be stationed in Stuttgart next. While in Stuttgart, Diane and I became fast friends and so did our kids. They were one of the families that we often traveled Europe with.

Well, they left Germany and went to Florida, then to Connecticut. So over the past year, we have been fortunate to see them several times in CT. But boy were we delighted to hear this spring that they were getting stationed in DC this summer!

So on Monday, Diane and her three kids- Eve (10), Anna (8) and Blake (4.5) came down to stay with me because on Tuesday, their moving truck would arrive here! So on Tuesday, Diane snuck out at 6:15am and I vowed to watch the kids for the day. I swear she had a tougher job than I did. 5 kids, easy. Accepting your household goods alone? No thanks. 

I was pretty proud of myself that by 9:15am, I had 5 kids awake, dressed, teeth brushed, hair brushed and fed. We dropped one off at camp (Macy) and I took the other 4 to the playground for over an hour. Winner!

It was a wonderful week with the Wisneski's (the best part was the night SHE cooked for ME!), and I am delighted to have Diane back in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment