Monday, January 11, 2016

Driving home- Saturday 1/2

And then it happened, we had to go. Boohoo. But at least we had the whole day to spend together in the car during the drive. There was tons of traffic, apparently everyone else wanted to get home that Saturday too. Who knew? HA!

The boys got to catch up on some much needed rest-



And crazy enough, our detour to avoid traffic took us right through Pinehurst NC, the town where Brian and I met! We took a side street and showed Sara the bar where Brian told his buddy "I'm going to marry that girl" the night we first met. Sara was able to snap a quick picture while I slowed down a bit-

We stopped for lunch at Shane's BBQ, and we were all craving vegetables I think, but boy was it good.

I drove, so that Sara could attend to the kids again. She had a way harder job than I did for sure. She set us up with some great podcasts, Tedtalks and planned out all of our aspirations for the New Year. She was my personal assistant as I drove and I loved it!

We finally got home. Goodnight.

Sunday morning Brian made us all breakfast while the Leadbetters packed up to leave, as they still had a full days drive home to Connecticut ahead of them.

While they drove, Brian got busy building Lego all day with the kids!

Wow. It's over. We did it! For months and months we planned and then when it was time to execute, we did it all perfectly. Not a bump in the road, nothing I'd change if we could do it over. But boy would I love to do it over! Such a special time for our little family, and the joy was only magnified by the fact that we were able to experience this once in a lifetime kind of trip with friends who we choose to be our family.

So cheers to us Sara, for being amazing "vacation moms" all week! We did it. And thanks for saying 'yes' that one day back in 2014, when I randomly said "want to skip buying Christmas gifts for the kids and come along to Florida with us for a week next year?"
YES YES YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment