On election day, the kids school is closed because it is used as a polling place. So Brian and I took the robotics team on a field trip! 16 kids in total, thankfully two other parents came along too. We went to Andrews Air Force Base to learn everything there is to know about the K-9 squadron there. And let me tell you, it was a once in a lifetime experience for these kids. We had a lenghty question and answer period, a behind the scenes tour through the kennels, and they put on several demonstrations- just for us. It was fascinating, and now I want to adopt a retired military K-9 dog someday...
This is our 3rd fall in Virginia, and each and every year I am still in awe as the colors change on the trees. We have a giant tree in our front yard, and no matter which window you look out from our second story, this is what you see-
Tate decided to try indoor soccer this fall-
I think he really just wanted a new soccer ball!
The one he had was from his second birthday!
Macy tried a hip-hop intro class recently- and loved it. And the dance instructor loved her just as much.... She will be starting up in January!
Seems like every time I have been to Cali lately, Macy has lost a tooth. Not quite sure how she can chew with all these gaps-
And poor Brian has to add "tooth fairy" to his already long list of Mr Mom duties while I am away.
Love this, and need to do it-
Lice. Kids had it. I nearly lost my mind over it, and if it wasn't for the fact that I am married to the most patient man, most dedicated father, most selfless husband, I would still be in the corner crying...
Lice sucks. Bad. It is gross and creates a hell of a lot of work. But- it's common. And it's nothing to be ashamed off. Clean, rich, educated people get it. If you don't confess to having it, the situation worsens. I absolutely hated sending the confessional message to 6 of our friends- and both teachers- but if they didn't know to be checking their own kids, it'll keep happening and its just not fair to them not to know their kid could have lice.... And that is why I was FURIOUS when the school nurse responded to my email with a phone call, suggesting that I keep this all to myself. What? No letter home to the other parents? Nope. Their policy- inline with the CDC recommendations- is not to notify unless 10% of the class has it. Well guess what, if parents dont even know to be checking in the first place, it's gonna spread over and over and over. Man I hated hearing that. How about helping the parents out and not being afraid of "giving increased anxiety" over sharing this news with others. Okay, Okay I will stop.
But I'm still furious.
Thank you God for these beautiful moments in the midst of chaotic times-







No comments:
Post a Comment