Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

 Macy decided this year that she wanted to try walking to school after we drop Tate off in the mornings. It takes about 20 minutes if we hustle. Friday morning of Labor Day weekend we tried it-
 And all 4 of us loved it!

Macy also loved when I surprised her at school that same day for lunch-

Labor Day confuses me. Still feels like summer temps, but I so badly want it to be my favorite season already- fall. My nails showed exactly how confused I was this year- summer on the bottom and fall on the top!

Friday after school the kids both had friends over for a sleepover- and Christine came by to join me for happy hour so I wouldn't be solo. I made these delicious stuffed breads for a fun and easy dinner-

One was spinach & artichoke, the other bbq chicken. The bbq sauce I used was made by Macy's teacher and her husband, and she gave it to me at the end of the school year as a thank you for volunteering in her class. It is the BEST bbq sauce. I loved snapping a pic of the girls to send to her to let her know they tried it!


 Sunday was the last day of the pool season for our neighborhood pools, so we had to spend the day there-


Turns out the sun was warm, but the water was cold-

But, like the troopers they are, they were still happy to get in some swim time and had the place ALL TO THEMSELVES!

All summer long I'd promised the kids that we would have a day at a waterpark. Tate was really hoping for a wave pool, but the best I could do close by was a lazy river. Tate took along Joel and Macy's twin buddy's Cameron and Samantha come along with their mom Lindsay too, which made for a great day. It was the last day of the season, so thankfully it wasn't too "peopley."

The girls- 

The boys- 









We even said yes to splurging on Dipin' Dots!

A nice way to close out the summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment