Friday, September 8, 2017

Random September Stuff

 The sign says it all-

While Brian was gone, each kid got to sleep with me one night per weekend. Tate REALLY looked forward to his night... The boy may be in middle school, but he's still small. He still wants to be close to his momma, sleep on his daddy's side of the bed when he's far away, and even brings his baby blanket (the little blue blob on his pillow...) with him. My sweet boy.

I made pasta one night and this was one of the noodles-

After church most Sunday's we go out to lunch. We have our favorite spots, and the kids will most usually choose Five Guys burgers. This week I chose- and we went for Greek Gyros-

All summer long I was reading a book aloud to the kids. A book from my childhood, that I vividly remember my 6th grade teacher Mrs. O'Brien reading to us-
 After I finished reading it to the kids (it was a hit- just enough suspense and adventure for Tate, not too inappropriate for Macy) I reached out to Mrs. O'Brien's daughter Diane, a FaceBook friend to tell her I read it to my kids, almost 30 years later. Diane sent me back Mrs. O'Brien's response and it was so touching. You just never know who will remember you, and what you will be remembered for, do you?

Tate decided that he could no longer bring his German Captain Sharky sandwich box to school anymore, since he's big time now that he is in middle school. With Brian gone, he commandeered Brian's lunch box and got such a kick out of the expandable compartments-



I must say, it is fantastic!

And so is Rodan & Fields. Ive been using this skin care line for years, almost as long as Sara has been selling it. She passed down some swag recently, and Macy hijacked it and uses it under her hockey helmet at practice each week-

Now that Tate has moved up to Boy Scouts, he gets the opportunity to join in on Eagle Scout projects for other boys who are doing community service. It's been great! Hard work learning to clear brush, pain, build fences, etc

I keep this in our entry way, as a tribute to Brian and his service. I often wonder if when delivery or repairmen come, they think Brian has died?

This picture was taken on Sept 18- flowers still going strong!!! And making me smile.

This shirt also made me smile. I need it!
TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment