Friday, December 22, 2017

No more Good-byes

 How would I have ever known that when I wrote out our annual Christmas wishes this year, all humans in our family would get their wishes to come true?

Sorry dogs, no cat- but you will be equally pleased with Brian home, i just know it!

When Brian deployed the kids and I started buying a lottery ticket each week, in hopes that we would win and could afford to go see him. Every Saturday night we bought a ticket and every Sunday morning we were a wee bit disappointed when we checked the numbers. At the 1/2 way mark, I decided to switch to scratch tickets, hoping to get some little wins that would eventually add up. No luck- we never even won $1. But, I kept them all and numbered the weeks that we had been separated from Brian-
 And I was so thrilled to toss those things out the day he came home! In our mind, we won the lottery when he came home- the best prize ever!

We decided to tell the kids he was coming home and not surprise them this time. Brian was worried they would be somewhat disappointed in him for not being allowed the chance to finish his year long mission- ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Macy even wore a dress and heels to go pick him up! It was adorable.

And then, just like that we were back to being a family of 4. No more good-bye's only good-nights! The day after he got home we hosted our bible study group for a fun Christmas party- food galore, gift exchange and family minute-to-win-it games. Bittersweet for Brian, but he felt the love and support of all our friends.

The following night I loved the fireplace roaring-



And Brian asleep on the couch next to me snoring- 

All was right in my world. I knew Brian was struggling with being home prematurely, but I was over the top excited and it was hard to contain at times...


No comments:

Post a Comment