One day during the first week of December, it was on my heart to talk with Tate about Santa Claus. He is in 6th grade, and while I thought he still believed in Santa, I was worried about how he would come to find out that Santa was not real. I decided after picking him up from the bus stop that we would go to Dairy Queen for "a secret meeting" while Macy was staying after school for an activity.
The meeting was special. It was wonderful. God gave me all the right words to say, and I didn't stumble at all. I did however cry a little. And Tate did not! While he still believed, he wasn't a firm believer. Friends had said things to him already that made him question. I was so grateful for the this time with him, and hope that he will always look back on it warmly and positively. I know I will!
I'll always smile a little more whenever I see a DQ now....


No comments:
Post a Comment