Friday, December 29, 2017

Our own Christmas at home

We got back into town on the 27th just in time to get the dogs from the kennel. Brian headed to bed before me that night, and as I was calling the dogs in after letting them out one last time- about midnight- Belle just would not come in, and I could hear her rustling around in the leaves. I got the flashlight and shone it down on her, and it appeared that she was going to town on something in the yard. We'd been gone for 5 days. Maybe it was a dead rodent of some type? 

I was thrilled that Brian was here, so I woke him up to go get Belle and I wanted nothing to do with dead animals of any type. Long story short- this was Belle's midnight snack-

EEEEEEW right? A very young deer's head- and only the head. We live in a very residential subdivision, no hunting around here for miles and miles. We will never know how THAT got in OUR back yard.

The next morning I cut up some ricotta rolls, poured Brian and I some boozy German egg nog and we got to have our family Christmas! Just a few highlights of all the wonderful gifts that family & friends sent. Brian ended up lugging all his home with him, so he had those to open here too.

Macy was thrilled with this sweatshirt from Grandmommy Lynn-


 What could Kristen have sent me in this cracker box?

She gets me-

Tate has wanted a lave lamp for a long time-
 Macy got one too-

 Thanks Grandmommy!

The kids weren't sure exactly what Titi Ambra sent-

It is 6 months of Tinker Crate- a monthly STEM project that gets delivered to the front door, ready to create!

Does anyone else kind of feel a bit anxious with wrapping paper, bows, ribbon and boxes everywhere? And where oh where with all this new stuff go? I have to remind myself-

The kids had a fabulous Christmas. Best present hands down? Daddy being home.

 Brian made us a big Christmas dinner that day, and he opened a fabulous bottle of wine that he'd put away before he deployed to enjoy upon his return. Tonight was the night!

The kids quickly started building their first Tinker Crate together that day- 

And while they sometimes worked cooperatively, and sometimes bickered a bit, in the end it was wonderful for them to do together and the finished project was a cool wooden catapult arcade game. The directions were spot on and the quality was great too.








No comments:

Post a Comment