Monday, April 29, 2019

April Randomness #2

Tate is taking boxing lessons! He enjoyed the class he took at the rec center, so I found a trainer that he can continue on with. Sometimes Brian can join in, but mostly it's just him- one or twice a week in the backyard garage of a former boxer-



Proof that I chaperoned Macy's 4th grade field trip to Jamestown. THIS IS A BIG DEAL! Kids talk about this for years- a chartered bus with movies for a 2 hour drive, leaving before school starts and coming back after the school day is done. A kids dream come true! Plus, so many kids want their parent to chaperone that it's a lottery system- and somehow I got picked...



Tate has realized that I know almost nothing about Marvel. And that is his currency. So I asked him for some help. God bless him! He went through this book of his- kind of like a Marvel encyclopedia- and made me a reading list. I was happy to do it, and settled in one night, dedicated to knowing Tate's brain a bit more....


Now hold up- THAT is a lot of reading. So I skimmed through it all and the next day asked him for a consolidated list, explaining that he lost me before I even got started! So he went through the above and fine tuned it. And then I did my homework. Honestly, I did!

Well Macy missed the "family wear aqua memo" so thankfully she got the right color ice cream to fit in!


Bailey, Hannah, Macy-


Bailey is one of the 4th grade girls in our neighborhood who sadly will move this summer. 


Ain't that the truth!

Some great new recipes I must remember...

Dill pickle salad- which I loved!

Homemade cauliflower-tots, which honestly we all loved!

We like to have breakfast. And knowing that we would be in the car at 6:30 am for 90 minutes, I needed to figure out some portable make ahead breakfast ideas...

these savory muffins (whole wheat, basil, roasted red pepper and goat cheese) were wonderful-

As were these spinach and cheese mini frittata egg cups- 

It seemed like we had A LOT of these enchilada roll ups at the baseball field this spring-

This cypress salad was almost too pretty to eat-

I used to LOVE pop tarts. Honestly, I still probably do. But I won't allow myself to buy them, so my kids have never had them. So I decided to make them some homemade pop tarts for a portable baseball field friendly dinner-


While they were tasty, I must admit that they just weren't the same sadly....

No comments:

Post a Comment