Each time we went to a baseball game this spring I rolled my eyes at this sign-
I get it, girls don't typically play baseball... but it is 2019! Times are a changin'
Macy's team made it to the playoffs. They had one very tough night against the Nationals (who in our opinion played a very dirty/sneaky game each and every time we went up against them this season) and they barely won the game- securing their spot in the finals! Well, because it's double elimination, the Nationals ended up securing the spot against us in the championship game. We knew it was going to be a hard fight- and a very heated competition too!
Let's play ball-
![]() |
The Melendez's came out to support Macy, as did these two fans-
![]() |
That's Macy's teacher, Mrs. Akremi, and another 4th grade teacher, Ms. McGrail. I knew they were coming, but Macy had NO idea about this surprise- so boy was she shocked when she saw the signs in the stands and recognized them. Ms. McGrail has had a giant crush on my baseball playing cousin Steven all school year, so she jokingly tells Macy that when they get married, she and Macy will become cousins. Hence the "cousin" reference in her sign!
Well guess what? THEY WON!
Only by 1 run, but they pulled it off- and it was touch. And OUR GIRL played so amazingly well that she got the GAME BALL! Coach Anthony doesn't give out game balls after each game like some coaches do. So all season long, no one got a game ball. And then much to everyone's surprise- he gave one to Macy.
And boy did she earn that ball. It was NOT because she was the only girl. Nope.
Getting her championship trophy-
And Coach Anthony giving her the game ball-
Walking away so proud!
One last team chat...
Their end of the year party was a luncheon, followed by a kid/parent game...
That's me batting- I was so happy to hit the ball and make it to first base safely!
And them my second time up- look who the pitcher was-
What a season. It will always be some of the happiest childhood memories for her I bet. And I must say how amazing all the boys on the team were- they really treated her equally. Perhaps a couple may have had a crush on her- being the older girl who can play ball fantastically well- but I guess we will never know...
















No comments:
Post a Comment