Sunday, June 30, 2019

June fun

Brian found out that one of our favorite Napa wineries was coming to Virginia to do a tasting, so he got us tickets. The view did not suck- 




It was a fun date night out, albeit on a school night- for us and the kids!

Tate is still boxing-




 And he made his next Boy Scout rank-

Sadly I do not know which, and even more sad is the fact that Brian was in charge of pics so this is all we get of the evening. Apparently it was very heartfelt though because during the ceremony the Scoutmaster also gave Tate a very touching send off.

Macy and Brian have some pretty amazing plants growing-

Looks like Stormy stopped to smell them here- 

I adore the fact that our 5th and 6th grade neighborhood girls still like the simplicity of drawing with chalk in the driveway together. Sure, parts of it may look like a CSI crime scene these days, but I still love seeing it-

 I also love seeing my foyer. We say that with each house we live in we have a few take aways from each for our "forever house" and the entry way of this house has made the list for the "forever house" in my book-

Macy wants to be a skater so bad. I mean check out this outfit- 
 The Vans, the jean cut offs, the sunglasses, the surfer shirt- all of it says SKATER GIRL!

So when we were driving home from the ballfields one night and I saw a sign for a National Skateboarding Day event at the skatepark, I just knew we had to go. So we did-



Sometimes I am simply amazing. Other times, I mess up big. This was one of those times. I was so certain that the event was on Sunday, which is when we went. Turns out it had been the day before- and we missed it. Soooooo close to being amazing. 

While I might not be amazing, Macy's grades sure are! She got an award at the end of the year assembly for All A's for 4 consecutive quarters-

 And because I am also a parent to Tate, I know just how hard this is to accomplish. She did it with ease. She gets that from her daddy, certainly NOT from me.

Her sweet friends also earned a bunch of their own awards too-

A quick swap of Caroline and Morgan, replaced by Hannah-


 One day Macy wanted to read with Stormy-

 Turns out she then ended up sleeping WITH Stormy-

 Man I love this picture of the two of them.

I also love ALL the hydrangeas in our yard this month, and all the varieties of colors- 

 I had 4 HUGE bouquets- I couldn't get enough of them!



 A nieghborhood girls sleepover one night-
 Nothing unusual here, they happen all the time around here. We are so grateful for that!

I met up with Diane and her mom at the thrift store one day, with Macy and Anna in tow and they had so much fun together-


And no, we did NOT buy them those giant stuffed animals that they begged us for...

Macy got to go horse back riding with her girl scout troop for an end of the year event-

 I took my kids and the neighbor kids to the library to sign up for the summer reading program and they just happened to be having a SWAT team demo there that day. It was very hands on. Here are Macy and Madelyn popping out of this vehicle-

Macy, is that you?



 We went to see Savannah in her play one Friday night-


 And the pool days have finally started! Jonathan, Macadger and Tate-


No one else was here that day!

 A couple books I found fascinating this month-



 And a crazy pool noodle contraption by this wanna-be engineer-


Summer fun has started!

No comments:

Post a Comment