When Tate got back from Cali last month we were talking about going to college anywhere you want, saying the choice is yours, you can live somewhere amazing. So he mentioned living in Monterey, CA and attending CSU Monterey Bay, like his cousin Kayla. And I said heck yeah, that's possible. I then decided to shoot admissions there an email saying Tate was interested in learning more about their school and requesting any material they might have be sent to him. They were so accommodating and one day Tate went to the mail box and came in with a large envelope addressed to him, noticing that the return address was from CSUMB!
You would have thought that he'd gotten his acceptance letter in that mail! He was on fire with curiosity about the school, reading everything from majors offered to GPS required to practically memorizing the campus map.
Later that night he was lounging on the couch and had a peculiar look on his face, so I asked what was up? He said "I've got it figured out. Marine Biology at CSUMB with a job at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It feels good to know." He then talked about how great it would be to be in California for the rest of his life with all our family there- and I joked that Kristen and Lynn being only an hour away from campus would surely guarantee him some hot meals and clean laundry. We also talked about a great part-time job during college would be lifeguarding, something he is already working towards.
We made a plan to visit the campus when we flew to California this fall for my sister's wedding. He can not wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment