Monday, December 6, 2021

Happy birthday to ME

My 45th birthday was a lovely one. Not only was I absolutely welcoming to the fact that I was turning a year older (because what's the alernative? Not turning a year older. That is called death. Nope. No thank you. Keep the birthdays coming!) , but my friends and family made me feel SO extraordinarily special. 

On my birthday eve, my friend and boss- Julie, planned an amazing happy hour for myself, and my neighbor Michelle- who shares my birthday with me! Brittany Spears also shares her birthday with us, but Brittany didn't show up. 

Michelle and I-

The whole hang- 

Chaos creator, Julie and I-

We went to a local historic hotel for chocolate martini's and it was exactly the way I wanted to bring in my birthday this year. A few of us stayed past happy hour and luckily were close enough to walk home. But not before snapping a pic with the amazing gingerbread house in the lobby-


I woke up to blue skies on my birthday and that was truly a gift from God-

I went to work on my birthday. And while it didn't suck too terribly, it was still work. But when I got home, Brian and the kids were ready with gifts. Brian went back to the states last month, and secretly brought back one of my favorite wines as a birthday surprise- 

And also his favorite mustard? Not exactly the gift I was hoping for... but he knew I'd happily share I suppose. 

One of my birthday wishes was for a date night with just Brian. So often we spend our dinners out with friends, or we take the kids along. And while those nights are lovely, I miss us. So Brian picked a place the thought I'd like, Tom's (he made the reservation weeks prior in order to get a table), and it did not disappoint!

I kind of wish this car was my birthday present- 

It was parked in front of the swanky hotel, The Langham, where Tom's restaurant is located. And inside- Christmas trees! My favorite! 


I'm starting to feel like Buddy the Elf with how excited I get when I see a Christmas tree (or any decorations really) around here. 

I love seeing Jakarta come alive at night. There is something special about it. 

Another birthday wish I had was for Sunday brunch with friends. So we all met up at the Shang-ri La hotel for a lovely 3 hour boozey brunch. My favorite way to spend a Sunday!

The hotel was all decorated for Christmas with fun scenes throughout- 

We were fortunate to get the private room for brunch. Adult side of the table- 


Kid side of the table-

We've done Sunday brunches before with this crew and it's perfect because the kids can graze on whatever the wish for 3 hours, and we bring along cards and board games so that when they take a break from eating, they can play together screen free. 

Now what are these two up to? 

After brunch we weren't quite ready to go home, so we enjoyed some more wine in the lobby and snapped some pictures- 


The lobby was quiet. Until these two decided they should play the piano.

The management did not think it was a very good idea. Whatever. 

Thanks for the laughs ladies. 

Kid crew, some penguins and snowflakes. We take what we get for holiday decorations! 

Yes, I must take your picture Macy- 

I went home with gorgeous flowers and the most random pizza cake-

Brian, always the funny guy, was happy to snap this picture when I fell asleep (before 7pm) and share it with the girls-

Hey, I'm 45 now and celebrated my birthday all week. Next year I may end up in the retirement home at this rate! I sure do love my birthday. As I said earlier, bring 'em on please!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment