*This post is backwards, meaning it starts at the end and ends at the beginning.
This is so true. I tried to be there before school, after school and any chance I could get to be in the classroom or the school. I was there for, and with ,Tate and I am truly going to miss it all.
That night most of the crew gathered at our house and I fell asleep a very, very happy momma.
Tate wanted Sam's sushi for his graduation dinner, so he grabbed Elizabeth, Trey and Ethan and off we went.
I will never ever forget the incredible feeling I had after the ceremony while taking this family photo with Tate!
Macy, Bri and Bella. Bri was Macy's basketball coach, Tate's youth group leader and just an overall awesome mentor to these two girls!
And Bella too!
Macy and her XC buddy Regan
Elizabeth. The one who got away?
During the ceremony, everything stops and graduates each find their parents to present their mothers with a rose. It was so special. But no tears!
Coach Bird was one of the head coaches for cross country our first year at Humphreys. She was VERY beloved by all the kids. Sadly, she was diagnosed with breast cancer during the spring track season and had to go to the US for treatment. She came back to SK just over a year later, the week of graduation, and it was the first time the kids saw her!
This is the best Tate smile!
Tate and Trey
Tate and Sebastian
It often felt like I had four kids this year. Two that called me mom, and 2 others that called me Mee- Maw. My four kids! Tate had 2 extra tickets and he actually chose to give them to Ethan and Bella.
Brian's boss, Gen LaCamera, was the keynote speaker. We all adore him, so it was extra special to have him be part of Tate's celebration.
Our seats were in the back, which I wasn't thrilled with- until I realized that we were so close to all the graduates entering!
Sadly, the graduation was moved inside because of sound issues this year. Not ideal, but oh well. The parents cared WAY more than the kids did. Tate had already been there for several hours by the time we showed up, and I was delighted to find him before the ceremony!
This reminds me of his Harry Potter years!
A few fun pictures of a little cap & gown photo shoot we did. The kids are not able to decorate their caps for the actual graduation. But they were able to buy a second cap to decorate for the grad walk, which Tate did!
It happened! Tate graduated last night and I did not shed a tear. So proud of myself. I mean him!


































No comments:
Post a Comment