Saturday, May 18, 2024

Tate's final prom

Time for Tate's last prom! And again this year, Tate (Mr. No Pressure/Just Show Up) went solo. (Sam broke up with him, thankfully, the month before...)

When he showed up here in SK as a new kid his junior year, I prayed for friends- and God provided him with a great group of kids.
Then last summer his two besties he met junior year moved and once more I was praying for new friends for senior year- and boy did God answer that prayer!
He’s had an amazing senior year with a fantastic group of friends here. And that’s really all that matters to Tate!

I swear I blinked and he went from wearing super hero capes to confidently wearing suits & ties!




The friend group kept changing and growing! Some left, some came, it was a fun evolution!


Tate makes a great photo bomber- 




These guys can be so goofy together!



Had to capture all the parents trying to get the same shot-







If you feed them, they will come! And specifically, feed them dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. I’ve learned over the last couple of years that teens LOVE them. Tate’s group of 12 came back after prom to hang at our house and poof- those tasty dinosaurs disappeared real quick!

Royalty in the house- Sebastian & Christine won prom king & queen-


Missing Elizabeth, Regan & Atticus in this picture, but happy to capture most of the gang together for their after-prom fun-


These are GOOD kids. I love that we are the house they come to to be together, happy and safe. We are all going to miss these nights...

No comments:

Post a Comment