Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day #9- Saturday July 5, Scott AFB, Illinois

We left Omaha and were on a mission to find some good BBQ! First, we had to get through this major rain storm- 

 I had been praying hard each and every day for no problems on this trip, including weather. I was so grateful each night when I settled into the hotel and we had had a wonderful day. But truth be told, this storm scared me! And not much does... But it was bad. It seemed like the type of storm that would be followed by a tornado. And we were in tornado country people!

And get this- our entire trip, Brian had NO lights on the trailer he was towing. Fun times for me, especially in this storm. I fell back a bit and another truck as able to get in between us and I thought for sure Brian would get rear-ended by that truck during this storm. He didn't and we made it through fine. Praying helps!

We stopped for lunch in Kansas City, Kansas. We'd been told that Oklahoma Joe's was the best-


The line was over an hour long, so I guess it was!

Thank goodness I had some extras in the bag of tricks for the kids while we waited in the longggkggg line- 


 It was SOOOOO worth it! Our food was delicious. The burnt tips brisket was the bomb.


This place is in a gas station, btw! I guess that is part of the appeal.

Next state- Illinois


Before we settled in for the night, we had to make a quick stop. Macy's buddy Lucas was getting ready to move from Travis AFB to Scott AFB. They chose their house on-line, so I thought it would be fun to go check it out and send them pictures, and also fun for Macy to see where Lucas would be living. 

She was so sad that he was not there yet-


We stayed the night at a TLF on base at Scott AFB. While this TLF look crappy from the outside, it was SO nice inside! 3 bedrooms, hardwood floors, yard for the dogs- we were thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment