My father refused to let us take him away for the weekend to celebrate Father's Day this year, so the kids and I packed and drove to Fresno for an early father's day visit. My sister and I took him out for an amazing Japanese lunch (so exotic in my father's eyes) and the kids and I spent lots of time swimming at his house while we were there. I was a great visit, but sadly it was also my last (for a while!), so it was bittersweet.
For father's day, Brian, the kids and I headed to Monterey. Lynn and Bob we so gracious to let us use their condo there for the weekend. The condo has such sweet memories for us, because they also let us live there for nearly 2 months back in 2007 when Brian was at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey and we were waiting on student housing. The condo is amazing, and right on the beach. Heaven.
Our first night there, we got the kids McDonalds and they were psyched to eat it with this view-
Later that night, Brian and I were psyched to drink our wine with this view-
We did it all while we were in town- biked to our favorite breakfast place, played at Dennis the Menace park, visited our favorite wine bar, the Taste of Monterey, played on the beach, went to My Museum for some indoor playtime and of course, ate at our favorite restaurant, the Monterey Fish House. (Where Tate very loudly yelledat Brian "Don't mess with me!" when he was being taken out of the restaurant for being too loud when he was 2 1/2!) And had Father' Day brunch at Clint Eastwood's, Mission Ranch, which has become a tradition each year we have been in Monterey for Father's Day!
Here we are at what we used to call "Tate's Beach" when we lived in Monterey (2007-2009) which is THE perfect little cove-
Brian, you are such an amazing father to our children. You lead by example and constantly amaze me with the sacrifices you make for our children. You are brilliant, patient, adventurous and sexy as hell!
I think this was written about my husband-




No comments:
Post a Comment