Thursday, April 9, 2015

April Fools!

A few years ago on April Fool's Day, I posted that I was pregnant on Facebook. 
That was lots of fun. hehehe

But honestly, I'm not really a funny person. Or a prankster. But this year I thought it might be fun to get the kids in on the action, since Brian's parents were here, we had a could of "victims."

I decided to make a dirt cake- a cake that looks like a potted plant. Tate gave it to Gill, saying "we bought you a plant today." But Gill was on to us, as she'd seen me making it, so when she picked up one of the "worms" and ate it- the kids went wild!

The recipe I used was pretty good. I'd call it a vanilla-Oreo pudding, rather than a cake. And it was enough to feed a big crowd! http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dirt-cake

This year I also told 2 of Tate's friends that I was pregnant, with triplet girls! They believed me for several minutes, even telling Tate "you are going to be so embarrassed having all those sisters." Tate played along with it and it was great saying "April Fools!" and seeing their little faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment