Saturday, April 25, 2015

Our Key Jar

I have said over and over and over in the past about how much I love the author/blogger/ inspirational speaker/mom/wife/teacher/recovering addict/believer, Glennon Melton Doyle and her blog, Momastery.com and today she just reinforced it for me... 

"We are explorers of ourselves and the people we love. Love is the ongoing process of unlocking each other and keeping safe whatever we find.  Thoughtful questions are the keys we use to do the unlocking and safekeeping.  Smart parents give their children a million answers. Wise parents ask their children a million questions. And so smart parents might know, but wise parents understand. " Glennon Melton Boyle

“It is vital that when educating our children’s brains, we do not neglect to educate their hearts.” Dalai Lama


So what am I getting at? This-



 She borrowed this idea and wrote about it all on her blog- and I instantly wanted one of these "Key Jars" to have at our dinner table. It is filled with interesting, thought provoking and heart opening questions to discuss with our kiddos... You can download dozens of pre-printed questions
(yes please!) and fill up a jar for your family.

Here is ours that I made today. Can't wait to use it over breakfast tomorrow- 


No comments:

Post a Comment