Thursday, April 9, 2015

The best mayo

A couple months back, my sweet friend Lauren blogged about how she and her husband were doing the Whole30 program- a month long SUPER healthy eating plan, that revolves around cooking 3 meals from scratch each day.

One day she made homemade mayonnaise for chicken salad... I was intrigued. Now I like to cook, but making mayonnaise from scratch is something I never thought to try.

But- I did it!


And man was it good! And easy. I was literally licking the spoon like it was frosting.

I threw together some chicken, red grapes, diced apple- and this mayo, on a bed of salad greens with some pecans on top and OH MY GOODNESS. Can't wait to have it again. And again. And again.

Here is the link for the mayo. It requires so very few ingredients, and so little time- but is WAY better for you. It is practically guilt free. http://whole30.com/2014/05/mayo/

1 comment:

  1. And whole30 approved chicken salad as well! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete