Brian is an amazing father, so I wanted to make sure that he knew just how amazing we thought he was this year. Ive always known that seeing U2 in concert was on his bucket list, so when he dropped one hint that they were coming to DC in June, I knew I wanted to make this happen for him. U2 was actually my first convert ever, back in high school, so I had little desire to go again. Well, I mean if the ticket was free- sure. So I reached out to a bunch of girlfriends to get them in on this plan, and all but one said that either the ticket was too expensive, or their husband isn't a fan, or he would be out of town that weekend. Except Wayne! Wayne had see U2 last year for the very first time and wanted to see them again- and he even took over purchasing the tickets for me, to ensure they got some great seats!
I didn't wan to just give Brian the tickets and have it be done so quickly, so the kids and I created a scavenger hunt for him that morning-
He found a pile of little gifts with his last clue, and included in there was an envelope full of letters- a word puzzle for him to solve!
He was SO patient. I would have just said "Screw It!" But he figured it out-
After church we spent the afternoon with the Melendez's in Old Town Alexandria. We had lunch at the Columbia Firehouse and snapped all these cute pictures-
Sunday night Brian actually made his own Father's Day dinner- his idea, not mine. I'm the lucky one for sure!
Monday Brian met Wayne in the city for a longgggg happy hour before the show-
And then off they went to rock the night away with U2!
Oh Brian you deserve so much more than just a 4 hour concert experience. I didn't know what an amazing father quite looked like until I saw you in action when Tate and then Macy were born. You are selfless. You are selfless. You are selfless. Also a lot of other stellar qualities- like being a great teacher, God follower, patient, honest, I could go on and on about all the characteristics that you possess which make you an amazing father. You are a natural at this dad job and I am the lucky one who gets to do life along side you. I am in awe of you and your parenting. You make me a better parent...















No comments:
Post a Comment