One afternoon during the last week of school I spontaneously stopped off for ice cream! Why not? There's nothing like ice cream on the front stoop, even I love it!
I also love books. I need to just need to
These little guys. UGH! They are so cute but so bold and destructive. And everywhere!
I know the days of these two girls being able to walk a couple miles with me will eventually come to an end. I do love how excited they get when they hear the leash come out and see me put on my sneakers. And they look so sweet tethered together on the same leash- not many dogs (or owners!) can stand that!
Macy's kindergarten teacher, Mrs Grey, had a baby this spring and knowing how baby crazy we are, she invited us over to her house to meet him! Macy and Oliver-
Someday Tate, some day!
While shopping for camp toiletries we popped into the toy aisle to look around, and this is how Macy came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder-
Both of our kids are learning to pump gas this summer!
During all our packing and moving prep, we managed to sneak out for a McLendez date night-
We shared with them our longggggg to do list to get the house back in pristine order to turn back to the owners and they simply said- what can we do? I explained our Sunday would be spent doing yard work. They said they'd help. So after dropping both of their kids off at camp, instead of enjoying some rare quiet time together, they promptly showed up at our house with rakes, gloves and a can-do attitude on a blistering hot, mosquito filled summer day. WOW!
That night we invited them back for a fabulous dinner with this awesome wine and giant steak-
While Macy was at camp, Tate decided he wanted to take me to see the movie Infinity Wars. I went to work on Wednesday like normal, but came home early and surprised him with tickets to the movie! He'd already seen it, but was so excited for ME to see it!
This is so true about our Tate. He loves his books! Chit chat, not so much....
Tate goes to the best Orthodontist, Dr. Shea Hart. His office always seems to have something fun going on. On the day of Tate's last appointment, it was pajamas and donuts day- and Duck Donuts! If kids wore their pajamas to their appointment, they got extra points. He offers a killer incentive program! Well, Tate wore his pajamas and got featured on their Facebook page in a picture with the doctor and staff-
We were at the store and Tate saw a glass bottle of coke and begged me for it. I made a deal with him that if he did some yard work (sticks? leaves? i can't remember...) then I would buy it for him. BUT he had to do the yard work first, then he could have the coke. Teaching a little delayed gratification here! Our schedule got crazy for a day or two and that coke just sat in the fridge taunting him. By the time he was able to do his chores, that Coke tasted even better!!
One night we had the back door open and Brian and I were packing up the kitchen. Our two neighbors are from Bangladesh and sometimes the food that they cook smells amazing- and this was one of those nights. We were so curious about what it was that I sent Suraya a text inquiring. Within minutes, there was a knock on our door and they brought us some of the fish they were cooking- it was so thoughtful of them.
Notice how Brian is eating on top of a stack of paper- I mean we were in the middle of packing up the kitchen that night. Sigh.
When Tate goes to summer camp, Macy gets to go to the nail salon for a manicure. We started this last summer and as I sat there this year watching Macy get her nails done my mind was blown that a year had already flown by...
Brian Mann had a birthday in June and we all met out for sushi-
I'd been saving Tate's t-shirts since Kindergarten, knowing that someday I would make a t-shirt quilt for him. During the organizing and purging phase of moving this spring, I decided that NOW was the time. I had heard of an online company called Project Repat that helps get people back into the workforce in textile industries in Massachusetts and North Carolina- two places close to my heart. I loved the story behind this company and how they are committed to providing a "Living wage" to their employees. And I couldn't be any more happier with Tate's quilt than I am!
The variety of the shirts he chose is just awesome- from his old sports jerseys to swim team, 5Ks we have run, both of his elementary schools, his robotics team, our Disney trip with the Leadbetter's. It is AWESOME.
Macy and I went bowling with her buddy Quinn from school and his mom, while all of their siblings were away at camp! It was parents against kids and Andrea and I won!
Side note- pretty sure Quinn thought this was a date. NOPE NOT AT ALL QUINN!
There is so much we love about Boy Scouts- and the Scout Master Conferences they hold before they able to promote to their next rank is wonderful. It really teaches the kids so much about how to conduct themselves in the future- almost like preparing them for an interview someday...
And Tate promoted!

Tate was working on a World Citizenship badge recently for Boy Scouts and had to choose a world event- and he chose the fact that kids are being separated from their parents at the Mexican/American boarder. It was amazing to discuss this with him. He had to dissect the issue from both sides, which is difficult to do. The quote above came to my mind and I shared it with him. Life isn't black and white, but we can't choose to stay in the grey area because it is safe. We have to do the right thing, even if it is the hard thing.


























No comments:
Post a Comment