This summer was going to be a bit different than last summer- because I wasn't going to be using a baby-sitter- at all! I made this handy schedule and posted it on the fridge for what was guaranteed success, I hoped...
Last summer they had to make their own breakfast, which was in effect this summer too. But in addition, they would have to make their own lunch, because there was no babysitter to do it for them this year! So I bought some easy lunch foods, made this menu and hoped for the best-
After returning from swim each day, I made a list of their daily chores before I headed off to work-
I've gotta brag for a minute- my kids were amazing from day one with knocking out their chores! And many days they were doing yard work- raking and bagging leaves, collecting sticks- and it was hot and humid. And they did it. It's been great watching them become so independent, and contribute in valuable ways to sharing the work load for our family...
Here is a picture I snapped of my two hard workers one afternoon bagging leaves. Poor kids had to wear long pants on a sweltering hot day because the mosquitos were so vicious! But they did it. Because they can do hard things.
After I got out of work on the first day of summer, I grabbed the kids and their friends and headed to the mall-
Macy had been given a gift certificate for her birthday to Claire's from Samantha, so she thought it'd be fun to show with Samantha- and her twin sister Cameron.
The boys got to walk around the mall on their own for the first time ever. It was a Monday at 2pm, what could they get themselves into? Apparently nothing, as this is how I found them when I returned to our meeting spot-
Ugh. Screens. Who needs to go to the mall with friends anymore when the world is at your fingertips constantly?
After the mall we stopped off for a sweet treat at the girls friend Dania's family shaved ice truck-








No comments:
Post a Comment