Macy was over the moon excited about her birthday this year- more so than I can ever remember in years past. She even asked us not to call Tuesday "Tuesday" but to please refer to it as her "birthday eve."
She really wanted- and needed- a bike, so that's what she got! And Brian built it in the living room promptly upon tucking her in for the night-
And I got to work decorating! They love waking up to having this hung in their doorway-

Macy anticipated not being able to sleep on Tuesday night, said she was just too excited. When she got up Wednesday morning she told us that she laid in bed and "lied" to herself, telling her brain that her birthday was not the next day...
And this is what she woke up to-
Funny thing is that she walked into the kitchen for breakfast, saw presents and the table decorated and never looked over into the living room. It was a riot! Tate had no idea about the bike- and his face was precious because even he was shocked that Macy didn't notice it!

Finally!

And of course she had to take it out for a spin before the bus came-

This should be a card from Grandmommy and Granddaddy-
"Who's Auntie Lynn and Uncle Bob?"
Macy wanted a "dirt cake" for her birthday party, so off she went to school and into the kitchen I went-
She wanted to have lunch with me that day, but I think it was just because of the McDonald's that I agreed to bring!
Then suddenly it was 2pm, time for dismissal! About 6 weeks ago I tried to get Macy's friends nailed down for a party the weekend before or after her actual bday- which fell on a Wednesday. No luck- someone was always unavailable. So I suggested a mid-week slumber party! With only 7 days left in the school year, all learning is DONE- so why not?
They were so thrilled to be busted out together-
We went and grabbed Tate- because Macy didn't want him to miss out on the fun. Sweet kids I've got.
And we headed to an new indoor trampoline park- with a ninja warrior course!
Here is Macy after falling into the foam block pit from one of the obstacles-
It was very difficult- but they all had fun trying!
These two besties like to dress alike- same pants, similar shirts this day-
Go Tate go!
Oops.
We were supposed to be here from 4-8pm. They open at 3:30, we got there at 3:40and the guys let us go right in. Well, by 3:55 Tate jumped wrong and appeared to have busted his knee. We were 45 minutes from home and Brian had to work until 6pm. He sat out for 3.5 hours, leg elevated and knee iced down. IT SUCKED! I was so disappointed for him- this place was awesome, and almost empty- he was loving it. Thankfully he had a brand new book in the car and was satisfied reading next to me while he counted down the hours until we could leave... And by the time we left, he was walking. Thank you Lord. He was such a champ- frustrated, disappointed, but still so, so mature.
Like I said, the place was nearly empty most of the time-
The girls were soooooo sweaty and gross- so even though it was 8:30 on a school night, the party was just starting! But first showers, and a bit of the Capitols Stanley Cup playoff game-

And the Caps won- another bday gift for Macy!
And a great gift from The Melendez's to remember this winning season-
Macy wanted to trick everyone with her cake-

They were sound asleep by 10:30pm- not too bad. But before going to bed, they concocted a plan- to all go into school late the next day. I thought it was a good idea, and so did 2 of the 3 moms! Sadly, Samantha had to go to school on time.
But first- the celebration continues with a fun breakfast together. Auntie Kristen sent Macy an edible arrangement for her birthday- which turned out to be the perfect healthy accompaniment to these gourmet donuts that Brian brought home-
The girls said goodbye to Samantha and Macy was eager to get dressed for school- because her birthday gift from Katelyn was a matching outfit to wear together that day-
Love that Hannah snuck in there too!
Hannah's gift to Macy was a science kit experiment. So even though the girls were skipping out on a few hours of school- they used their time pretending to be scientists in my kitchen- complete with aprons even!
And then it was 9:30- time to head to school... and sadly this amazing birthday was over. But boy did she feel the love! A special day for a special girl. I am constantly in awe of how adventurous, brave, curious and kind she is- and I tell her a lot. I am also quick to tell her how lucky I am to be her mom. She is the daughter that I always wanted...
























No comments:
Post a Comment