Each year Macy's Girl Scout troop learns about a new country for World Thinking Day-
Each year on or around February 22, girls participate in activities and projects with global themes to honor their sister GirlGuides and Girl Scouts in other countries. It is a special day in the Girl Scout year when we remember we are part of a worldwide movement-
and this year they picked Indonesia! I was touched that they chose the country Macy will be moving to, as the leaders explained that they want the other girls to be familiar with where Macy will soon be living. Very cool. Except no one knows anything about Indonesia in the troop- except me. So they asked me to run the show... which included an Indonesian snack and craft for 200 girls, and an Indonesian presence at the World Thinking Day event... Okay. Here goes!
I tried SO many different Indonesian foods and snacks and finally made 20 packages of IndoMi- which is their version of Ramen- for the event-
Brian's instructor got tons of clothes and jewelry for the girls to wear at the event from the Indonesian Embassy!
![]() |
She also loaned me a ton of Indonesian items to have on display for our table at the event- |

All in all it was a great experience and the girls enjoyed it- and hopefully learned something about scouting in Indonesia. And I was relieved when the event was over and I could return all the precious borrowed items back to the embassy in tact!



No comments:
Post a Comment