Had the best little escape to the southern beach city of Busan for a quick overnight with my Australian friend from Jakarta who now lives in Singapore and was visiting Korea for a sports tournament with her son. Like I’ve always said, if you come to my country, I WILL come visit you!
We only had about 15 awake hours together, but boy did we laugh, make fun new memories and try our hardest to catch up. The only thing that would have been better is if all our Jakarta girls were here with us!
My family went to Busan last November, but we didn't get to go to the popular Haeundae beach. Katrice was staying there this trip, so I decided to book in at the same hotel she was at and check it all out too!
I knew Katrice would love visiting Gamcheon Village, so that is where I planned for us to explore together. We explored so much that some of the locals told us to bug off!
Gotta love a fresh laundry pic-
Beer slushies- why not?
The tiny and steep staircases in this village are NO joke! Several staircases are 100+ steps. So grateful not to have to carry weekly groceries up all those

Too cheap to buy the artist rendition of the little village shanty house magnets, we tried to recreate our own!
ruth be told, we just wanted an excuse to sit in the A/C and cool down for a while!
Korean's are tiny!
Said to be Korea’s Machu Picchu or Cinque Terre, I knew Katrice’s photo journalist skills would shine bright in all the pictures she took of this amazing little village
Back at the hotel for a quick outfit change and Katrice surprised me with a bunch of swag from a girls trip that our Jakarta girls took and she popped in for-
We decided on a mobile happy hour. My purse made for the perfect bag for our bottle of bubbly!
Haeundae Beach Night Market was were we found a fun vibe & tasty food and drinks- with wine to go!
The single serving wine bottle even came with a tiny plastic glass-
Free samples-
And the world's tiniest and most perfect ice cream cone-
We watched this lady cook for a while while crowds came and went. I decided to try to get us a table- and it worked!
Green onion & squid pancakes, with soju-
Nailed it!
After dinner we found the perfect balcony- at an irish bar- to watch the world go by-
Katrice wanted to go to a psycic, as there were a lot set up along the strip, but none spoke English. Go figure! So she tried her luck at some carnival games-
And she won us these bears that we laughed hysterically over and named the "sex bears" because we thought now that all our kids are dating, we could use them for sex ed-
Also along the strip are photo places, so off we go-
We had no idea what to do with the quick make over face tape-
Last call-
We fell into bed at 2am and decided to get up for the sunrise and coffee together before saying goodbye-
Turns out the sun doesn't wait to rise if you are late.... but we did have a nice walk & talk and coffee! What a fun and carefree visit this was- and so easy! I cherished every minute I had and really enjoyed showing off South Korea too.






























No comments:
Post a Comment