Tuesday, August 27, 2013

2nd grade, here he comes!

On Thursday Aug 22, Tate returned to Center Elementary School as a second grader. He was not thrilled about returning to school. 

We went to the ice cream social/open house the night before and class lists were finally posted. I had heard that both teachers for 2nd grade were great- so I didn't have a preference about which class he ended up in. I did however, have my opinions about which kids I wanted in his class! Last year we had requested that Tate and Vince be separated for 1st grade , because they are very distracting to each other. So I wondered if they would again be separated, and who else would be in his class...

As it turns out, not only is Vince in the other class, so are ALL his other buddies. This didn't seem to bother Tate though, and he explained to me that he would still see them at recess. He was so rational and calm about it all. But I was still sad for him. (I guess it is good training for next year, after we move and he is the new kid in class, not knowing anyone!)

So the real reason Tate did not want to return to school this year? He said he did not want to miss all the good TV shows! What? I swear if I didn't keep him over involved (currently in ice hockey 2x per week, swimming and piano too!) he'd be a lazy little video game playing, cartoon watching zombie.

So off we go- 


 Notice the t-shirt? I was a bit lax this year and allowed him to wear a non-collared shirt! He took it to the extreme and chose a t-shirt with a rattlesnake! (Oh how I hate snakes...)

Tate, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Say what? A scientist? That came out of left field for sure. I asked him why and he said he did not know. I asked him what scientists do, and again he said he did not know. Hmmmmm.

As it turns out, Tate ended up in Mrs. Dysert's class this year. I know her from being at the school in previous years. She is always smiling and seems like she enjoys having fun with the kids. The best news is the small class size this year- only 21 kids in Tate's class! That may change, but when I went in to volunteer the 2nd day of school, it sure was nice!

Here's to a great school year ahead buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment