Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Last days in TN

We were glad to be back at Nana and Grandpa's for another week before we had to head home.

One morning, Tate did some journaling for "summer school" and I gave him the topic "Nick's house." This is what he wrote/illustrated:

I liked to play video games. I also liked to go swimming. And we went to the park to catch frie fies (fire flies!) and we saw bats.

We went to Washington DC and bought a Minecraft shirts. We saw the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. 

(I was thrilled when he drew the two landmarks on the shirt, as the actual shirt has them too! At least he remembered something relevant about the day!)

Tate and Macy went on yet another (albeit mini this time) shopping spree with Nana. Macy got a baby,  Savannah, that looks way too real and Tate chose a fedora. Yes, I was surprised too, but he loved it! 
Checking out some bees at the farmers market. Being allergic, it made me a little nervous!

Tate received constant compliments on the hat and Macy got some very unusual stares while holding her baby! I'm telling you, it looks very real!

 We went to Caron and Gary's farm for lunch one day-


And of course, lots and lots of swimming!

Then it was time to head home. Although we were very sad to say good-bye, it was a bit easier because we are (hopefully!) planning to have Gill and George out to stay with us this Christmas!

And we are off-

No comments:

Post a Comment