On Sunday 5/24, we sent Brian off... It was rough, but it followed a wonderful weekend together. We expected him home on Saturday for just 1 night- but he surprised us and got home at 9pm on Thursday night! We enjoyed every hour we had with him until it was time to go. You know the saying-
Well, we sure did! Even though his packed bags in the living room were a constant reminder that Sunday night was slowly creeping in on us-
And then it was here. Time to go.
But not before a few quick photos-
Notice how all our eyes are red above? You can't hide the tears.
And then we walked away. I'm still teary as I write this and think back to that moment. I held the kids hands tight and said "Okay guys, time to be rockstars. We are just a team of 3 for a few months...But we can do this." I felt strong, but sad. It was like I was walking away from my heart. As if I'd taken my beating heart of out of my body and was sending it to the Middle East, alone and unaccompanied, unprotected and vulnerable, hoping it will make it's way back to me unscathed in 5 months. How will that be possible? I'll tell you how- God. I have faith that God will keep Brian, my heart, safe- both mentally and physically, until we are together again. Faith, it's powerful.
I drove home that night with two sleeping kiddos in the car, and I could barely see. I was having such a hard time focusing, that'd I'd seriously thought I'd cried my contacts out on the drive home! (Luckily I hadn't...)
As I pulled into the drive way, I thought- Game on. I've got this, I know I do.




No comments:
Post a Comment