Friday, June 19, 2015

Ashley's War

Need a good book? I highly recommend this one-

This spring I had seen it advertised and it caught my eye. With praise from Sen. John McCain, I thought it'd be pretty legit, so I picked it up. Oddly enough, it was the same week that Brian deployed! The timing was actually perfect, as not only is it a compelling story, very well written (with some politics and history mixed), but it also gave Brian and I a lot to discuss. While his mission is very different, there are some similarities- like working closely with interpreters, something that I had never considered the difficulty of and know nothing about.

Reese Witherspoon has decided to make this book into a movie- yeah Reese! Reports say it is unlikely that she will play Ashley in this movie because of the age difference, but hats of to her for recognizing that this is a story worth telling.  Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment