Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend fun

We decided to avoid black Friday shopping, and go spend some time outside this year! (Thank you REI CEO for that suggestion...) We took my mom to Paradise Springs Winery. While she doesn't drink, we thought it'd be a great place to picnic on this warm day. So we packed up Thanksgiving leftovers and headed out...

And so did everyone else- 


But we still enjoyed ourselves. It felt more like spring while playing soccer- 

But inside, they were definitely ready to bring in Christmas- 


The main reason I wanted to go, was to take some family photos for a possible Christmas card... When we had visited a few weeks prior, I thought it would make the ideal (free) setting for some (free) photos, since we had my mom to snap a picture or two of us.

But first a few with my mom- 








I was really thinking black and white this year, since I had put zero thought into matching holiday-ish outfits- 

But then I decided that the red barn and the green grass made it Christmasy enough, so we went with this one- 
Nice job mom!

Saturday we took my mom to Georgetown, a part of DC that she hadn't been to before. After sightseeing, we had lunch at Clyde's-


And afterwards took the kids ice skating on the waterfront-



While Tate remembered how to skate right away-


Macy chose to use the penguin at first-

But not for long!


And Sunday we decorated the house for Christmas. So special to be able to do it with my mom this year-




Notice the top of the tree looking a little suspicious? We don't have cathedral ceilings in this house like we did in our last house... Oops.

The kids always get a real tree for their ornaments-


The outside-



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....





No comments:

Post a Comment