Back in June I put a post on Facebook looking for a new home for Stormy because we just can't take her with us to Indonesia- she's ancient, the flights are terribly long, the have mandatory quarantine, they aren't a dog friendly culture- so for all of those reasons.
Many people said they would take her in, but I wasn't getting the feeling that anybody really wanted her. Until one- Sara's parents, Sue and Les! Truth be told, Sara really wanted Stormy- mainly to keep her in the family. But she has a dog, 3 kids, chickens, a few jobs and for all those reasons, we knew it wasn't really the perfect match for Stormy.
So when Sue said that they wanted her, I instantly felt warm and fuzzy! We know them. They adore dogs, but don't have one of their own. Stormy can still be around kids when the grandkids come visit, or when they travel Sara will keep Stormy. Their yard is fenced. Sue needs a walking buddy, and Stormy may just be her speed. They'd recently lost their long time cat and felt that there was a big void to fill in their home. So for all these reasons, they won Stormy!
I snapped some pictures of Stormy to send to them to let them know she was all theirs and just how happy we were about it.
So sometime in September we will make the trip to Connecticut to drop her off at her retirement home...



No comments:
Post a Comment