Friday, July 26, 2019

While the kids are away... Part 2!

The whole point of sending both kids to camp together was because Brian and I would be school and therefore didn't need childcare that week... but guess what? Brian ended up having to travel with school to Florida that week, so I was SOLO! PRAISE GOD! 

Monday morning I wore my new Dollar General earrings to a luncheon with a few women who had previously lived in Indonesia-

I took good care of Sally the hermit crab and worried about he when she couldn't get into the crab shack- 

But viola- she did it!


And you know what I finally did? Made it down to Lauren's for a night! She lives only 2.5 hours south of me now, but it's taken a year for me to get down there. We had zero plans- I just wanted to show up and be with her, see her in action as a mom and get to know her kids. And as it would turn out, her husband Jason was away that week for work too- so it was just us, which made it a tad sweeter. 

After almost 30 hours together, my take aways are that she is a rockstar mom and her kids are amazing! I don't say that lightly, as I don't like all kids- but hers really are kind, curious, well behaved and really darn cute. 

10 summers ago Lauren flew to Monterey for a very similar reason why I was going to be with her this week- to just be. She saw me in action as a mom, got to know Tate and just plugged in. Well, that week just happened to be the week I decided to potty train Tate, and she helped. 

So wasn't it just perfect that this was the week she was potty training Drew and I got to repay the favor? Me and my bathroom buddy- 


But honestly, they were all my buddies- 

We did some sight seeing in Poquoson, Yorktown and I finally made it to historic Williamsburg where the boys took me to their favorite ice-cream place-

Sweet little Drew just went and sat next to the stroller, always wanting to be close to his brothers, not caring if its on the hard hot sidewalk!

When I took Drew to the bathroom at the ice cream place, they had tons of gallon sized ice cream buckets clean and stacked up that were free for the taking, so I took one and let the boys each take one. Oh the fun-


I loved every hour we were together-

Check out the bunny ears- 
I bet that was Tyler! 

And when I drove into my neighborhood that night, a gorgeous rainbow appeared that made me so thankful for safe travels and long distance friendships-

I got my hair done while the kids were away- 

And on Thursday, Sara flew to DC for work and spent the night with me at the house. We met up with Diane for dinner in Occoquan-

 I was a great evening, a little pre-birthday celebration for her, and honestly any excuse we can come up with for the 3 of us to be together I will take!




No comments:

Post a Comment