The retirement order was issued and boy did Brian make a huge sigh (sadness? happiness? relief?) when he heard the words. Those of us in the audience could actually see his chest rise and fall!
I laughed way more than I cried during the retirement ceremony this morning and can honestly say the same is true when I think back over the last 21 years of being a military spouse at Brian’s side.
So happy that many were able to join us virtually this morning from around the world. Technology is just awesome. We loved seeing friends “viewing party” pictures that they shared with us after the ceremony!
Can’t wait to find out what civilian life is going to feel like for us on the other side now…
Before and after-
Seeing our names made if feel SO real-
It’s shocking how much Tate looks like Brian in his “before” photo when he was an ROTC cadet at UT
Loved that Kristen was watching in Cali-
Sara was watching in CT-
Will never forget when my sister's voice came over the speakers in the auditorium in the Middle of Brian's speech!
General Paul LaCamera (also from Massachusetts) presided
I asked Lydia to be my photographer today, and I love that the actual photographer got a shot of her doing her duty!
Brian & Gen LaCamera kept us all laughing!
Brian’s 15 minute speech was simply AMAZING and we are all better for having heard his thoughts provoking, long lasting and humorous words.
Honored to receive this certificate of appreciation, but I did tell Gen LaCamera that I’d rather have gotten a bag of cash.
Best picture of the day might be this one. Macy asked for a selfie with General LaCamera, who is seriously like a celebrity in South Korea, and he said yes!
Who else’s Air Force bio would have the word urinal in it besides Col Brian McCullough? To know him is to love him. It was so heart warming for the kids & I to be in the receiving line with him after the ceremony and hear all the wonderful accolades from his co-workers here!

The morning after-
The day after the ceremony, we had a party for Brian-
Brian wanted to bbq for his friends and made some amazing brisket. In addition, he chose to have the party catered by BBQ Outpost-
Surprise pizza's from the Olsen's
Gen LaCamera couldn't wait to show Tate his Blackhawk swag, which was a gift from the class of 2024 for being the commencement speaker-
It was such an honor that Gen LaCamera came to Brian's party- and stayed late night, well past midnight!
Our sweet friends the Moshgats-
Boys late night around the scotch bar-
The final four- Bryant, KMart, Brian and Sam
Friends & neighbors, the McClintics-
Jake & Bryant gave wonderful surprise toasts!
Matt did too- with a flag flown at the DMZ-
Brian's impromptu speach was wonderful!
It was a beautiful summer night for an outside party-
My retirement gift to Brian-
If only i could remember what Matt & I were laughing about while Lydia was snapping this photo of Brian-
Party is over. Career is over. Time to let the relaxing begin... still unsure what's next!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment