Friday night they took the train up- and loved it! They got in at 9pm, so we got a babysitter, drove to pick them up and had a great late night dinner out in Benecia!
I'm sure they would have liked to sleep in on Saturday, but no way- it was yard sale day! I woke up a 5:40 am just ready to go! We had a very successful yard sale- our first and hopefully last! By 11:30am, 90% of our crap was gone and we were enjoying the cold beer our new neighbor brought over in payment for some Thomas toys! He works for the big Budweiser factory here in fairfield and surprisingly they make a great Belgium style beer (Shock Top) that tasted delicious after a hard mornings work!
I didn't take any pics of the yard sale- I was too busy I guess! But these are great....
I walked inside to get some coffee and found Ambra and Macy "getting ready" and I'm pretty sure Macy had mascara on!

The end of the yard sale... Macy loves her Uncle D!

That afternoon we went to a local art, wine and brew fest. The best part was finding German style pretzels- my kids (and I!) have missed them!

Ambra and Frankie relax without teens and enjoy some Shock Top!

Saturday night Brian and Frankie cooked up delicious burgers and we just relaxed. After dinner, Ambra wanted to go inside, I wanted to stay outside. She needed to stretch out- I suggested the lawn. It turned into a "dare, double dare" moment from our childhood and we loved it! When was the last time you layed on the fresh cut grass, chatted and laughed out loud? Try it!

Sunday morning we all couldn't wait for the babysitter to get here at 10am so we could head to Napa for the day! Ambra and Frankie had never been and being there is like a little slice of heaven for us...
First up was V.Sattui, of course! (www.vsattui.com) We enjoyed a long tasting and the the BBQ for lunch in the picnic area.

Next up- Peju (www.Peju.com) this is a winery that we enjoyed on our honeymoon, 8 years ago, and hadn't been back since! The grounds are gorgeous and the tasting rooms were a treat


One tasting room was reserved for guests with pets! I only got a picture of one dog, but there were 3 dogs in this tasting room!

We stopped at another one of our honeymoon favorites- the Regusci Winery (www.regusciwinery.com) which had wines way better than we remembered them and a ton more people visiting too!
Maybe we just didn't like wine enough 8 years ago to appreciate all the delicious red wines that they make. When we visited, I remember there being a bunch of big, lazy dogs- many of which are featured in the cool coffee table book "Wine Dogs USA" (www.winedogs.com) and some of them were still around, and just as lazy!

Ambra and Frankie are not huge wine drinkers and definitely prefer white wine. So after our time at Regusci, we needed to make our final stop one that had several white wines... We stopped in to Chimney Rock- nope. But they did recommend a place we had just driven by- Silverado Winery. So, we turned the car around, headed there and boy were we happy!
From the driveway, it looked promising! (except for the two goofballs...)

The views were amazing


Especially this one that the guys liked! ( not sure why she was there!)

Barrels of everything delicious

This winery is owned by Walt Disney's daughter, Diane Miller and is one of our new favorites! www.silveradovineyards.com
Oh California Chardonnay grapes- thank you, thank you!

Sunday we headed to Suisun City to take a Labor Day boat ride around the little harbor and waterway there. It eventually leads to the San Francisco bay, but we only had an hour at top speed of 5 knots!
Here's our boat and cute little old captain

The kids love it!

See the houses on the right- I want one of those...


Love this picture! The joy these two bring each other is precious!


It was like they were on a date together!

After our cruise, we feasted on greek food for lunch and eventually had to bring them back to the train station... Such a great weekend! Thanks for the visit guys!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment