Thursday, August 22, 2024

Massachusetts meet ups

Day trip home to Massachusetts...

After my parents got divorced, my mom rented the most adorable tiny house at "the campgrounds" in Sterling. We were passing by and took a detour to find the house. I hadn't been back here since high school!


A quick stop to see Tracey's mom-


Which felt like a giant hug! It was so fun surprising her. We hadn't seen her since my mom's funeral in 2017.

We bought a plant and went for a cemetery visit. Weird leaving the plant knowing it would just die. But I guess that's what you do. Brian wanted to take a picture, so of course I had to make it weirdly awkward!


Years ago I left a coin from Indonesia, now there's one from South Korea too-


We found the house my dad lived in during his teenage years, I'd never seen it before!


No visit home would be complete without a stop to see Mrs Rockwell-




Her home continues to be my home away from home in Lancaster. 

And the real reason why we went to MA- Uncle Foot agreed to come out of hiding to meet up with us for lunch! My cousin Renee and her daughter Alice came along too-

We had a great visit and I inherited a bunch of my grandparents stuff. Some to keep, some to pass on, some to trash. Someone has to do it!

And of course I quick drive by Mill St to see what has changed- 

A bit of landscaping maybe, but overall, not much!

Going back is always a long, emotional day- but it was sweetened by having Brian and Macy with me for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment