This spring when it looked like we did not have a plan for our next move, Sara threw out the idea of coming to CT and settling in across the street from her in a neighbor's inlaw apartment. I very much liked the idea and instantly started crying tears of relief.
When we got back from our summer trip, we were ready to unpack our suitcases finally and settle into a place of our own, as much as the Leadbetter's were ready to take back their spaces and life as a family of 5 instead of 9! This was the perfect arrangement because we were literally across the street. It was a dream come true!
Our landlords, The McLellan's home-

Our little 2 bedroom bungalow is above the garage-

Come on up!

Our entrance-

My favorite room-

The view is stunning!

Even as I wash dishes-

No complaints from me! Happy to be home.

The house sits up on a hill and I like to see our little nest and my perch as I walk by-
Sparky seems quite content living the solo dog life once again-
Thankfully he still has almost daily playdates with his girls across the stree!
While our neighborhood very much feels like little suburbia- stand at your front door, see all your neighbors houses, white picket fences, people out walking their dogs.
But what constantly surprises me, is all the black bears roaming around! Yup, black bears.
When we first arrived earlier this summer, it seemed that there was a bear sighting in this small neighborhood once a week. We’ve been back for 2 days and have seen them each day!
Yesterday I personally saw 4 bears. 2 may have been the same, hard to tell. It’s fun to see them from the house or car, but one caught Sara & I by surprise when we were walking the dogs before dinner last night.
This one walked right through our yard, under our deck!

The best was when we saw a giant one when I took Macy out driving for the first time on the road- what a surprise encountering a bear.
Forget railroad crossings, I think there should be a new drivers test question about how close to get when a bear is crossing! We were only 1 street over from our place when we saw him, and this big guy would later walk through our yard and come just a few feet from the stairs to our deck- I was too in shock to get a video of that!
It's official, Macy is all registered to start 10th grade at Canton High School-
But how long will she stay?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment